TEHRAN – During his weekly press briefing on Tuesday, government spokesman Ali Rabiei confirmed that there had been an act of sabotage in one of the buildings belonging to the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) in Karaj, but refuted the allegations of significant equipment and human resources. to damage.
âSlight damage to the roof of one of the hangars, which is being repaired and replaced,â Rabiei said.
He added that the aerial photo published by some media of the damage to the site is in fact an image taken after the roof was removed for repair, and “the interpretations made in the media are not correct.”
The spokesperson went on to say that Iran has proven that after every act of sabotage its capabilities have increased.
Officials said on June 23 that due to precautions, the parcel bomb was intercepted before it damaged the building.
In April 2021, a sabotage attack took place on part of the power grid at the Ahmadi Roshan nuclear enrichment facility in Natanz. Israel has been blamed as the main culprit for the act.
It was after this act of sabotage that Iran decided to increase the level of its nuclear enrichment to more than 60%.
“No offer of service in the next administration has been submitted to ministers”
Also in response to the question of whether a proposal has been received from current cabinet members for a post in the future government of Ebrahim Raisi, the spokesperson said: âSo far no proposal has been made. been received or transmitted through official government channels, and if there are any such proposals, they have been presented personally to ministers and possibly some managers, of which I am not aware. “
He added that if the elected president consults with the government as a legal entity, the government is obliged to present its views in a fraternal and compassionate manner, “but so far the government has not entered into the process and does not intend to do so “.
SA / AP